If you look up in any search engine, you will be able to find lists upon lists of the best creative work environments or culture along the history and updates of positions on that list. However, you are rarely given the facts and analysis of why and how. This article will aim to bring you a glimpse into the best workplaces in the world and what seem to drive their employees in believing so. And hopefully would bring you the important aspects of what to take in from them beyond the obvious perks and benefits they provide.
Bain and Company
Placing first in Glassdoor as the best place to work this 2019 and globally praised for their work environment, Bain is the pinnacle of a creative and productive working environment.
Image via Source
However, Bain doesn’t necessarily follow in trends that exist solely on complementing a millennial workforce. Bain and Co. in fact, focuses more on the people than the perks. The company fully fledges themselves to help support their employees. Not simply focusing on the worker’s experience, but also their actual growth. Amongst their workers, Bain and Co. is known for a steep learning curve and tough balance between work/life due to long hours and stressful situations. It remains the best place to work according to those very workers. This is because of Bain and Co.:
- Cares about the employees’ work even beyond Bain.
- Has a supportive culture of “Not letting another Bainie fail”, with every employee working together to ensure success even if it means sharing burdens.
- Does everything to ensure that a worker has everything they need for their work. No missing data, tech maintenance ready 24/7, etc.
- Challenges yet influence their employees to keep learning and growing.
On the other hand, ranking first in 2018 was Facebook. Business Insider even went as far as claiming that “No other workplace in America can compare”.
Image via Source
Despite dropping quite a few ranks in Glassdoor’s 2019 list, the giant tech company is still within top 10 and armed with passionate and driven employees. The culture within Facebook’s workplace derives of convenience, transparency and of course, sociability. This social media company has an incomparable affection for their workers and their work. Doubling down on helping their employees love what they do and do only what they love. And their employees do enjoy their work, going as far as to always looking forward to the next day they can come into the office. Their work culture revolves around openness and driven not simply by their abundance of benefits such as on-site gym, healthcare, free meals, etc. But due to:
- With no secrets to hinder works, engineers and managers get around their jobs much more easily.
- The CEO, Mark Zuckerberg cares to reach out to all employees, from personally delving into the works of teams to calling a recruit for a personal interview.
- Searches not only for people that are experts at what they do but passionate about doing it.
- A philosophy behind their abundance of convenient benefits: That is to let the workers focus on the work that they love.
With supportive managers and family-like teams, In-N-Out Burger is a perfect example of an ideal fast food working place.
Image via Source
Despite the fast-paced work, occasional cases of favoritism from managers, and the stress of working in the food industry, the company is still incredibly well-praised. Not only do their workers enjoy their experience of working there, but the company also landed rank 3 at Glassdoor’s list of the best workplace of 2019. The fast food industry is always a hectic scene to enter, especially as a stepping stone for someone’s first job. However, most of their employees would agree that it is, in fact, the best fast food restaurant to work for. This applies to both the stores and management because:
- Prioritizing quality, the company aims to support and guide the employees to actually train and improve.
- Managers enthuse you about feeling like in a family, helping the employees have fun at work while improving teamwork.
- They have an empathetic mindset that understands an employee’s needs and circumstances.
- Full support and guidance to help employees adapt to the infamously fast pace of a fast food company.
This Post Has 10 Comments
I’ve read several good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to create such a fantastic informative web site.
I am impressed with this internet site, real I am a big fan .
Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research on this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more from this post. I’m very glad to see such magnificent info being shared freely out there.
I like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my web site 🙂
you’ve got a fantastic blog here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my weblog?
Very interesting subject , appreciate it for posting.
I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i’m happy to convey that I have a very good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to do not forget this site and give it a glance on a constant basis.
You have noted very interesting details! ps decent site.
Undeniably imagine that which you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the web the easiest thing to take into accout of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed even as folks consider worries that they plainly don’t understand about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the entire thing without having side effect , folks can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!